Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Young Women's Camp and Awards Night

GIRLS CAMP 2009

Girls Camp was a blast. Being with the Young Women is one of my favorite things. Maybe I'm still 16 or something! Anyway, Max was quite the feat at camp; He must be allergic to something in the air. Good thing we borrowed a hammock, because we were tethered to the camp site when Max took his naps, which were very abundant due to him feeling sick, and very long. Yeah, about 3 naps a day for about 2 hours each block gave us A LOT of time at our tent. Well, Thursday he started to feel really awful and didn't sleep the whole night, just cried, and by morning he was so hot that I had to take his clothes off (it was bout 40 degrees at night) to let him cool down. So, after a night and a morning of Max's horrible fever we were advised to go home... Thank Goodness we left when we did because the girls endured a horrific storm that would have been really traumatic for Max. So, needless to say, we had a pretty good time hanging out, but it really wasn't as we had pictured it was going to be at all.

Here was our Tent Site: (luxury thanks to the Petersen's, I know) Max LOVED the Hammock
Um, yes, it's morning and those are the girls reading their SCRIPTURES! ...I assure you that no bribery was used for that!

I taught Max how to get Lars out of the picture :)



AWARDS NIGHT
Our theme for Camp Awards Night was genius: Camp Academy Awards. Yes I think it's genius because I came up with it! Ha. My goal was to have the girls dress formal, receive awards and give their favorite camp memories. I had another genius idea to spray paint Ken dolls GOLD like an Oscar and hand them out, but it was really hard to find any Ken dolls around town for under 6 bucks. I ended up settling on Trophies, but they turned out just as effective and fun! We had Mini Cheesecakes and Punch (thanks to Sis. Peck) and even a red carpet made from butcher paper. It was a blast. The girls gave the funniest acceptance speeches; Jess cried, took out a hankie to dry her eyes, and pulled a list as long as she is out of her purse. It was SOOO funny. We had a BLAST.
Here is our fantastic Group Photo:
This is our stylish little Jess with her fishnets and Converse HighTops!
(yeah the dork in the back is me, I just can't help it!)
And the last picture is of Rachel, who LOVES to dress up and is such a good sport about everything! Her dress was all sparkly!

All-in-all things went well and we had a fun time. I will be sad to be released from my calling when that day comes...........

No comments: