Friday, October 2, 2009

Grandma and Grandpa's New House





We went over to Grandma and Grandpa Verellen's new River Heights house yesterday. We took pictures for them of the inside so my mom could "plan" her house before she gets here:) We picked some fruit (with the approval from the current owner and real estate agent, of course) and found that there was FAR more fruit than we anticipated. We certainly could have taken 5 bowls of fruit without making a dent in the fruit there! Max just LOVED the grapes and Lars gave him an apple to gnaw on. He was the happiest little camper, EVER! He even cheesed it for me for some pictures. It was WAY CUTE! He's never done that before, but he was surely posing for me and held quite still for the picture!
Unfortunately, the nights have been freezing so the fruit will not last too much longer without being picked. We might just have to go back and pick more before it snows!

3 comments:

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

That is so exciting. I wish my parents would move closer to me---it will NEVER happen:)

eve said...

Wow,that looks delicious. Those wild grapes that you pull the skins off of are AMAZING. I remember having those in the woods as a kid and they were always the most fun to pick and eat in the summer!!! SOOOOOO FUN. I'm jealous. Oh, and the cheeser is ADORABLE.

Cherise said...

Which parents are moving here? I can't imagine it would be Dan and Deb? Anyway, it's so exciting to have parents close. We need to get together as soon as I can suffer through a car ride up there. :)