Monday, May 18, 2009

Food and My Family; is there anything better?

So I pretty much have the GREATEST husband EVER! He goes to school, works hard, plays with the kids, fulfills his church responsibilities, and then he finds time to cook me AMAZING meals almost daily. On Saturday, he made me an amazing Avocado Bacon Burger and we ate outside. It was so much fun. We put down an old rug and some floor pillows on the patio and took the kids and our food out to enjoy. It was probably the greatest thing because I had everything I LOVE out there; food, my three favorite people in the world, and, oh yeah, FOOD.
So minus the startled expression, Max looked way cute for church yesterday. His tie kept popping out because he has no neck, but it was still way cute! His hives are back. I have an appt with the doctor on Wednesday. I'm totally at a loss for what is going on. Maybe pollen? We went on a long bike ride Sat and that night he screamed bloody murder all night. I gave him Benadryl and he eventually quieted enough to sleep. Yesterday, we went to Becca's and again last night he screamed his head off and had hives again. So maybe her dog??? I dunno. All I can say is POOR BABY. But I cannot keep pumping meds in him, it doesn't seem healthy... and I think I need some real sleep!
Maddie looked stunning for church as well. She's so stinkin cute that sometimes I cannot even get my words out to discipline her! She just flutters her little eye lashes, or asks for me to hold her, or apologizes and I still melt. But BOY-OH-BOY does she have quite the little attitude on her! She's convinced she's the boss. Last week she told me she wanted a cupcake. I told her she had to wait until after lunch. She immediately replied "Mom, I am the Boss! I make the rules! I told you I want a cupcake right now! Give me a CUPCAKE!" HA. All I could do is laugh. I was so dumbfounded that she would complete that entire thought like that. Hmph. You make the rules, do you??? I couldn't even reprimand her I was laughing so hard! Needless-to-say, there was no cupcake eating that happened that day and I most certainly addressed that attitude after I caught my breath!!!
Well, other than crappy sleep and a silly girl to deal with, there's nothing much else going on. Except that I'm feeling compelled to do the Triathlon THIS July. I kind of want to just try and finish; despite my finishing time. I guess we'll see how I feel about things in a few weeks, but I don't think it's a bad idea to try it out... even if only to see what I need to focus on to do well next year.

5 comments:

Wendi said...

Your kids are so adorable! (That picture of Max in his church clothes is awesome!) And your husband sounds almost as nice as mine. He cooks yummy stuff for me to eat quite often as well. :) I'm also very lucky in that my husband does the disciplining at our house because I have no idea what to do with my daughter who will be an official teenager next month...

Wendi said...

P.S. Sorry about Max's hives. And I hope you have a great time participating in the triathalon. That's the most important thing anyway, right?! :) At least you ENJOY exercising. Me, not so much...

Sarah said...

Make my mouth water why don't you with that hamburger. I do miss your hubby's meals. I hope you know how lucky you are to have a husband that cooks. Wish we lived closer Jane and Maddy would have a blast together. Don't worry about your time with your race. Especially for your first one just be stoked to finish.

eve said...

Man, if I wasn't vegan (or trying my best to be), I would totally drive up to logan to wolf down that hamburger. But, my question is, the avocado sounds amazing but where is the cheese?!!? Love max's no neck. quite extra adorable. Maddie of course is cute too. Good luck on the triathlon you nut case. Can't wait to see how it goes. Let me know on max's hives,that is pretty interesting.

Chellie said...

Oh, DON'T YOU WORRY! There was cheese. PepperJack to perfect it. And Max's missing neck is kindof a bacteria-harvesting cesspool!