Back to being at the Petersen's...
We always have a blast seeing them and spending time together. We had a pretty hectic schedule with family plans, but the time that we did spend together was a blast! Their new HUGE, beautifully manicured lawn (in the backyard) had the kids running and playing until they were exhausted. Here's a pic of Maddie and Spencer taking a break.
Next trip I think I'll be getting the bench which is very similar but only two rows of shelving on it's side to put downstairs by my front door. I plan to use is as a shoe corral. (Yes, I DID call it that!) You get the picture, RIGHT?? That night, we had the 4th (I'm only counting the ones I've been to) annual "Kicking Off the Summer Friend BBQ" at Jer and Annie's. It was fun to see how quickly children grow and get a little caught up again. Hopefully we can do it again at the beginning of next summer!
Saturday was a big day... The actual reason for going to Salt Lake in the first place; Tiff's wedding shower. In the morning we all dressed up and had a blast at The Garden Park Ward where we took individual family and Lambertsen Family pictures. It was an amazing place to take pictures and I think we really got some good ones. As soon as Annie gets them to me I'll show you how sweet they turned out! Annie took the pics and jumped in the large family pictures by using the camera timer! Quite hilarious if you ask me! After a fun time taking pictures there (and trying to find a potty every 1/2 hr) we wend back and had a BBQ before the shower. Max chilled in his bouncer...
The best part of the weekend was after our 3hour escapade to a Belly Dancing Indian Restaurant. Katie met a Belly Dancer at dinner that let her dance with her almost all night; in front of the whole dining crowd, which Maddie would never have a part of, mind you... Well, one dance she learned was called a "secret dance" by the Belly Dancer and Katie did it all night long. Maddie learned this one and the "Snake Dance" via Katie. They put on a show for us wearing gauze taffeta and such and danced to Ringa Ringa, an Indian Song at home:
It was so stinkin hilarious that even Max was laughing!!!
So, I finally got a new bike!! YAY!!!! Lars has been promising me one for a LONG TIME since mine was a backyard salvage from the Cottles that lived here before us. The bike I had was pretty awkward with two miss-matched petals, and well, there was that fact of it being a HUFFY that didn't help the quality any... So, I finally went out and fit myself on a Colombia Mountain Bike. It ain't no Specialized or anything, but it serves it's purpose. I'm going to ride as often as possible with Lars and try to get in shape for next year's Triathlon! I'm pretty stoked. I really wanted a street bike, but Lars thinks he'll convince me to go up the mountain with him and do the trails. I guess we'll see, right?
Max is still too little to enjoy the bike trailer, so I put him in the carrier and took him. It was pretty awkward, but doable.
2 comments:
HAHAHAHA...first off for the making out divider of your new bookshelf. Secondly, for the boot corral, and I can totally picture it (that is right up my vocabulary alley). Thirdly, the dancing because maddie clearly loved that stuff in her face. Fourthly, picturing your mis-matched petal huffy salvage and fifthly picturing myself attempting to mountain bike and then picturing you. lastly, maddie running her butt off behind the bike trailer. Overall, hilarious. Sounds like you had a ton of fun, and next time you're in salt lake freakin' take hte extra twenty minutes to drive down and say hello for goodness sakes!! great post, but you are in the dog house for that shady move.
I cannot believe that you used that biked that we left. It actually makes me happy that you were able to make use of our old stuff. Andrew was not creative enough to find another petal. He probably would not have rolled around with two mismatched petals. Why did the Peterson's move to SLC? Probably a job. That's awesome you guys have remained so close. Sounds like you had a blast.
Post a Comment