Tuesday, August 18, 2009

EMERGENCY ROOM

I'm bypassing my Girl's Camp post until after Awards Night on Wednesday...
As for recent news, Maddie had an accident yesterday night. Lars was sitting on the floor holding the laptop as Maddie tried to play a game of hop-back-and-forth-over-Daddy's-legs. Well, his ankle is swollen and (I swear it's broken!) he wanted to keep it from under her feet... Well, it scared her and she fell, or maybe tripped on her own, and landed pretty hard on the laptop. She took a bite right through her lip!

We took one look (Lars got really queasy!) and rushed her to the hospital. She was so brave! She only cried for a minute initially and then listened to me explain stitches and medicine and the ER the whole way over. She was awesome.

Once we got there and the doctors, nurses and Plastic Surgeon had a look, they gave me the option of stitches. They told me how lucky we were to have it such a clean cut, and that even with the stitches they weren't sure they could do a better job aligning it! So, after them explaining the Sedatives and trauma of stitches they said it was my decision to say YES or NO to stitches. The stitches would have been so traumatic and the sedation would have frightened her, so I thought she would be better off letting it heal on its own.

So once we left (and put a BANDAID on her cheek NEXT TO the laceration) we headed to get a milkshake for brave Maddie! She said she wanted an apple flavored one, which I thought would be impossible to find, but lo-and-behold Charlie's had an apple pie flavored shake. Once I told her all the flavors to confirm, she changed her mind to Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (GOOD GIRL!). Haha. Anyway, she soon forgot her bloody lip (until this morning) and has been doing quite well now... Just a little bit of emotional outbursts, but I think we'll be just fine! :)
You can't see the worst of the cut, it's on the crease of her mouth...

1 comment:

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

Poor, Poor baby girl. She looks pretty happy in the picture that's good.