So, we returned home on Saturday Night after spending a night in Gunnison to pick up Maddie from Gma and Gpa's (She was there for the duration of Girls Camp). The drive from Vernal was long and it was nice to get a shower and do some laundry somewhere other than my own house :) Anyway, we were too beat to make it to the grocery store, as were the kids, and we didn't shop for any food that night...
So wakey wakey Sunday Morning and it was Lars' Birthday: Take 1. Hooray! Except for the fact that we didn't have anything to celebrate with. But at least there were a few eggs and some milk to make pancakes. Well, fast forward past church (we both attended only about an hour of because Max was still sick and we had to stagger our attendance so one could stay at home with the kids) and we didn't have anything to eat for lunch. Well, I think we had Malt-O-Meal or something as equally insufficient, and I started to make the cake. Oops. Need 3 eggs. I used 2 of our 3 for breakfast. I guess no cake.
So, Poor Poor Lars had Mac-N-Cheese for his birthday dinner (because we don't shop on Sundays) and a wimpy Oatmeal Cream Pie for dessert :( Sad day.
Well, on Monday, we were pretty excited to have a REDO birthday for Lars. Cake just needed some eggs, dinner was going to be fresh veggies and steaks from Macey's, and we were going to pick Lars up a new tie too (yes we live in MORMONVILLE where my grocer also sells Ties). Anyway we are about T minus 10 minutes to leave to shop when Maddie falls and lands us a fantastic visit to the Emergency Room. Err, I guess Birthday: Take 2 was also a failure!
Well, here was Maddie before that incident. All decked out in her party gear, and her little bunny too! She calls her Tinka because she IS NOT TINKERBELL. That is an entirely different person. THIS bunny is TINKA.

Anyway, Tuesday finally rolls around after a difficult night, and Happy Birthday Lars: Take 3 is in motion. So we finally got the cake made, had a delicious Thai dinner, and Lars got to have a somewhat enjoyable "Birthday". Actually, he informed me that he wouldn't mind having his birthday EVERY day for the rest of the year if I wanted to... I think Maddie has already grasped that thought. She actually has told him HAPPY BIRTHDAY every day this week so far. It has almost replaced "GOOD MORNING" in our house. So, yeah, there you have it. We bypassed Birthday #4, but I'm looking forward to a very promising Happy Birthday Lars: Take 5 tomorrow!
2 comments:
Never a dull moment in your lives. I'm glad it ended well--except the yucky accident.
HAHAHAHA...sounds like something that would happen to me. Glad there are others who have such seemingly ridiculous trials. It always takes two to three times to get anything done in my life. I swear. Also, the whole Tinka thing is fabulous. You raised that kid in her own world and, hey, tinkerbell outfits on bunnies can totally mean something different. Totally get it. Oh ya, and tell Lars happy birthday take #12. At the rate you are going, the next time we see you guys maybe we can try our hand at getting a cake and dinner.
Post a Comment