Once there was this girl who go hit by a truck
And she was sad
And everyone was so sad
And then a tree came and sat on her....
Yes, there was more, but angry MOMMY stopped that song dead in it's tracks.
"Madelyn! Don't you EVER sing a song like that again. I don't like songs that you say people are killed or hurt. I don't like songs that you tell of people being hit by trucks... (SOBBING from Maddie) And I most certainly DO NOT like mean songs! (Lars: Did mommy hurt your feelings? Maddie: Yeaaaah) Well, You hurt my feelings! I like nice songs. Songs where you sing of little girls playing in gold at the end of rainbows...."
Interjection by Maddie while sobbing: "But MOM, I don't know that song!" (Sob)
OMGosh, I've raised a monster.
Rewind to a few days ago, Max in his lovely innocence grabbed the bowl of sweet potatoes from my hand and chucked it. It splattered. Mess went from one side of the kitchen to the other (on the two doors behind him, up the walls, splats even in the bathroom). I had the camera sitting right there... Here's the face of that sly little "innocent" boy:
I sure have raised quite the little SAINTS, huh?
2 comments:
Those kinds of things happen to the best of parents...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. The best is your reaction to the song. Showing you clearly are a good parent. Myself, on the other hand, would have laughed and added to it, something like "and then the tree rotted and the bears came and ate it all up." Oh man, I guess that says something about me having kids. Tell Maddie I'm all about her song.
Post a Comment