Saturday, September 19, 2009

Spending Just a Few Extra Minutes With the Kids Cashes In!

Spending just a few extra minutes with Maddie doing educational things has really paid off this week. She remembered how to spell "Mommy" and drew it from memory (almost completely right!):We played together and had more bonding time:She drew some wicked renditions of what MOM looks like (She's good, huh?!):We played dress up:
And my little genius learned how to write her name (mine on top, hers on bottom):
All in just an extra 10 minutes of attention each day. To think that all of this has been accomplished in just a few minutes a day has inspired me to be on the computer LESS and be actively teaching/playing with my kids MORE.

Goodbye, Sweet Computer. Until Naptime when we can meet again!

3 comments:

eve said...

very fun! Glad you did spend those extra minutes, 'cuz she sure looks to be doing well. Cute little fam. Hope you keep blogging though, at least once in a while.

Sarah said...

That is pretty impressive! It has inspired me to work more with Jane.

Princess Consuela and Banana Hammock said...

wow...great job mom! I know computers can be so addicting. I only give myself 45 mins in the morning and then I try and leave it alone all day. Its really hard. I dont have children and all but i feel really icky if i stay on it all day.