About 1pm my day started to spiral downward: I pulled in to the driveway and realized I had an WIC Appointment at 1:30. The kids still hadn't eaten lunch and Max was on the verge of sleeping in his car seat. Ohp, scratch that. He WAS sleeping in his car seat. So, I woke Max up, and got the kids both something to scarf down before heading out... They both surprised me and wanted seconds, so I hurried and got them more as I was making myself a sandwich and watched as the time came and went for a timely travel to our appt. Oh well, 8 minutes late was better than 10, right? So we got in and settled, and a nurse was drawing Max's blood... Maddie was on the other side of the room. I hear a loud smack and look over at my sweet daughter laying face down on the ground, shaking in regular intervals; NOT A GOOD SIGN (and she was pale with blue lips). So, naturally I freak out, scoop her up, calm the voices in my head thinking the worst, and rush her over to the pediatricians office in a panic. I desperately needed to talk to someone; Lars, my mom, anyone... but my phone was nowhere in sight. Yup, I probably lost it. GREAT. I frantically search for it for 5 minutes, maybe less, and gave up thinking I just needed to get in to see a nurse. Well, they were TOO busy. Referred me to the ER, but said she might just be fine and monitor her (if she does it again, sleeps a lot, or anything else: TAKE HER TO THE ER IMMEDIATELY). I felt okay that she was speaking better and her color was back and decided to watch her closely. I then remembered it was around her age when I started passing out and having unexplained "episodes" of seizing (something doctors do not want you to have on a Driver's License, if you ever want to sit behind the wheel when you turn 16). Well, thankfully, they never found anything wrong with me and things all stopped around adolescence. So, I guess we'll watch this one closely and see where things go... but talk about giving your mother a heart attack! I just can't handle these things; not to my babies. I'm sure she will be okay... if it happens again we certainly will take her straight to the ER, and try to figure it out. Lars thinks she's just a little lightheaded when she sees blood (just like him) and maybe passed out because of the blood.
But we're all doing well now. I'm just taking a deep breath and getting through this this lovely day... despite the fact that I screwed up dinner with my anxiety and Max decided to have 2 generous servings of dinner tonight, one that he ended up regurgitating all over my front right before bed... Yeah, no prob... just another day at the Lambertsen's.
2 comments:
Wow, that is scary. Glad to hear she was okay. That would certainly freak me out. Sounds like you handled it all very well nonetheless. Hopefully it continues more uneventfully for you.
Poor Maddy! That is scary! Hopefully it was just from the sight of blood. Chad does the same thing, too.
Sorry I wasn't able to make it up for a visit. :( I am pretty much confined to my house, now. I do need to talk to you about prices on a stroller. We will be getting one that is carried at the store, but if we can get as good of a deal as we can find online, then I'll definitely want to purchase from Lars!
Love you!
Post a Comment