So, fun times. Max was sick for 3 days. His fever got worse every day. Yesterday it was up to 104. I got a little worried. The doctor's office actually told me NOT to come in unless his fever lasted longer than 3 days, or went over 105! Crazy! You think I'd let it get that high without giving the poor guy any meds??? So, we didn't go in and was totally prepared to get him in today, BUT he's all better. No fever. I have playgroup on Thursdays for the kids and, I swear, every Thursday for a month I've had one of the kids sick or something crazy going on. Nice. My Mommy-friends must think I'm ditching them!!!
So Maddie is cracking us up lately. I swim early, so I was able to come home and make breakfast and enjoy it with Lars before Maddie came down to eat... She sat at the table with us, I got her pancake... She thanked me for making her breakfast and also said "thank you" for Lars. She asked Lars how work was (although he hadn't even been to school yet b/c it was 8am). Then, like Max is an appendage of mine, her face turned stark white and she asked me where Max was (as she surveyed my body for him). I told her he was in bed still and she simply agreed with me. And now that we've watched so much High School Musical, she busted out in to song. Even a bit later in her bath she sang a song that she made up called "Shake Your Bum." The lyrics are as follows: Shake your bum Shake your bum Shake your bum All Day Long!
Sweet. I love her. Oh, and at lunch today she told me she really likes my shirt I'm wearing. What a perfect little human. :)
2 comments:
oooo, pancakes sound delish!! Maddie is hilarious. Loving the song. You need to post a video of her performing it for us. haha. I'm glad that she's so aware of needing to ask Lars how work was, so that shows that you must be pretty good at it yourself. well done.
Thanks for the wonderful advice! I'll have to ask the doctor to try something else. The Zantac is super minty and too much for her little taste buds!...I am so glad to her that Max feels better. Poor little guy.
Post a Comment