Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas 2009

This year's Christmas was a BLAST. Once Maddie realized it was Christmas day the excitement didn't stop. Santa knows Maddie really well and she was very impressed with the selection in her stocking! Santa brought me a little gift too; 2 beads for my charm bracelet! That sweet Santa! Other than the hutch for the kids (see my earlier post) and a few cheap wooden food sets from Lars' work, it was a very inexpensive and low-key Christmas. After presents at home we went over to mom and dad's in River Heights for some more presents. We got spoiled. On Christmas Eve we got presents from Mom & Dad Harper and had a blast opening/playing with those toys! We were lucky ducks. Over the weekend we met up with some friends, Jeremy and Jenny Petersen in Salt Lake. We had a fun time. This past week was so much fun. My favorite thing has been talking about the symbol of Santa with Maddie (she's really smart and almost ready for the truth), the Reason behind Christmas, and the story of the birth of Christ. Grown up conversations with Maddie are so easy I forget who I'm talking to!

1 comment:

Wendi said...

I love this picture of your cute kids! And I love simple, relaxing Christmas celebrations that focus on what matters most. :)