
Maddie has a birthmark. Maddie's birthmark has grown with her age. It is now larger, darker and has hair growing out of it. Maddie is aware of her birthmark. When Maddie draws a self-portrait, she draws the birthmark too. Because of the risk of cancer that it may have, we are able to get full-coverage plastic surgery to remove it. Primary Children's Hospital has a great doctor named Dr. Siddiqi that will perform the surgery in 2-3 stages over about 9 months time. Each surgery Maddie will need to be under General Anesthesia. Each surgery takes about an hour. 2-3 of them will be performed in 2010. I am excited for Maddie to think of her face without this 'defining characteristic' and anxious to receive pathology results, but still a little nervous. I hope my baby doesn't get scared. I hope that she is happy and brave. Our first surgery is scheduled for February 1st. Please keep her in your prayers!
1 comment:
That's great that insurance will pay for it. And that's even greater that it will be done at PCMC. The doctors there are the best! :)
Post a Comment