Monday, April 27, 2009

Poor, Poor Max


My poor little Bundle of Joy has hives and blisters everywhere!!! I was sure it was due to my sunscreen negligence a couple weeks ago, but it has consumed his body... Then, I was certain that he was just reacting to a terrible case of pollen/allergies due to the season change.... Oddly enough, it was never in his diaper region, just the rest of his body so I was so confused...BUT OH MY!!! We found the true culprit today: OUR [new] LAUNDRY DETERGENT (switched a little over a week ago)! Max had a burpcloth in his lap and picked it up to shove in his mouth, as he loves to do, and everywhere that the cloth touched his mouth he immediately turned bright red and hives popped up. So, I didn't really believe how sensitive he was, but watched him wipe his eyes with it and his poor little eyes got all swollen and hives were immediately there too. Throughout the day we've watched him touch other things and just get progressively worse and worse! I even noticed that after nursing him the places that his face touched my shirt got way irritated and blistered! Well, I got him some Benadryl and am doing that every 6 hours but it's just so sad! I have a whole day of washing everything in the house ahead of me tomorrow! Towels, clothes, burpcloths, bedding, floor mats, mine and Lars' clothes... AGH!
PS. The picture you see is actually taken AFTER topical antihistamine and Benadryl!

2 comments:

eve said...

wowsers, so sad. I didn't solve the mystery for you. Too bad for poor max. Have fun with all the washing!! poor kid with sensitive skin, cuz man oh man, I know how that goes. NO FUN!! hope he feels better soon :)

Sarah said...

That picture is just too sad to look at. Poor max.