Friday, April 10, 2009

Copyright Infringement

So we went to take family photos today and had a free 11x14 coupon. Which ROCKS because we have an empty 11x14 frame in our living room and FREE is an awesome way to fill it. So, we went to take a family picture for that and also get a few pictures for the parents and grandparents. Like always, they were running late at Kiddie Kandids, but that's cool, we hung out for awhile and walked the mall. When we returned, Maddie was looking a little uncertain of the idea still (last time she bawled and said she didn't like taking pictures at the store, only at home), so we watched another little boy get his pictures taken and that made Maddie feel a little better. Well, we got a few good ones and then she was VERY done smiling, so we decided to just be done. We did, however, end up with a couple that I just LOVED and that ended up being pretty satisfactory for me. So we got our 11x14 as a large family portrait and some smaller mantle-size pictures for the parents and grandparents. Of course, they were cropped and touched up a little better and this could get me sued posting them, but there you go:
So, that's not the funnest part... Maddie was promised a cookie after we took pictures and we were standing in line getting ready to fulfill that promise when Maddie informs Lars that she needs to go potty RIGHT NOW! So we get ready to haul to the restroom when, in her very cute dress and shoes, she squeals "uht-ohhhhhh..." Yeah, my potty-trained princess was standing in a puddle of her own doing RIGHT in front of the cookie display. NICE. Of course she's been doing so well the last month that I didn't pack extra panties, and she peed all over her nice dress and through her bloomers and even into her shoe. Yeah, good thing I was with Lars and he diffuses very embarrassing situations so easily by just laughing at her and taking it as no big deal or I would have lost it. Very VERY funny. I took her in the bathroom and wiped her whole body down with baby wipes and put her in another dress and her tights (commando, naturally) and told her to inform us JUST A LITTLE BIT SOONER NEXT TIME!

4 comments:

eve said...

Very CUTE pics!! and, that story is HILARIOUS! You're right about being thankful for laid back guys. I think we both lucked out on that :)

Michelle said...

at least it happened after the pictures :-) what a cute family you have!

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

How cute....I just LOVE the potty training days. Won't be long until I do it again;0. You guys have such a cute family.

Christi said...

Your kids are so cute! We miss you gusy!