OQUIRRH MOUNTAIN TEMPLE
So, today was a great day! We took all the Young Men and Young Women down to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple, the newest of LDS Temples in South Jordan, Utah (close to SLC). Because it has not been dedicated yet, anyone can tour the temple and see all the rooms, and learn our beliefs; NO SECRETS HERE! So, we got a chance to take our youth to visit and take our sweet little kids to peek inside! Maddie was ecstatic. We regularly attend the Logan temple, but because only endowed members of the church can enter, Maddie is unable to attend the temple with us; so, being able to go inside the temple was such an appealing thought for her! She was very excited to go inside and see what Mommy and Daddy see in the temple... She understands a lot, but still thinks that because we got married in the temple once, every time we attend the temple we get married again... I have to keep explaining to her that we only get married ONE TIME in our lives and it lasts ALL ETERNITY. I think she's still a little confused on that. Oh, and on our way out the door she asked me if she was going to get married to a boy in the temple today. Um, NO. She's funny.
The CUTEST KIDS you ever did see....
and yes, not a photo trick, MAX IS HUGE and almost the size of his sister!
Some of our Young Women.
Unfortunately, summertime is hard to get all of the girls together!
That was our trip. Can't take pictures inside the temple, although I wish I could show you the HEAVENLY sights I saw in there! Especially the amazing paintings and HUGE chandeliers!
So. Below is a picture of why you should NEVER leave a two-year-old alone with a plate full of beans....
....They become a facial!
And although Max was sick with a fever (and still is), we played outside in the blistering sun (Max in the shade) with bubbles. Max absolutely LOVES bubbles. It's so funny to make them pop on his face!!! He must like the sensation, or just the thrill of watching them! He's just as funny as Maddie. MAN, I have cute kids! (sorry, but I'm a little obsessed lately!)
So. Below is a picture of why you should NEVER leave a two-year-old alone with a plate full of beans....
And although Max was sick with a fever (and still is), we played outside in the blistering sun (Max in the shade) with bubbles. Max absolutely LOVES bubbles. It's so funny to make them pop on his face!!! He must like the sensation, or just the thrill of watching them! He's just as funny as Maddie. MAN, I have cute kids! (sorry, but I'm a little obsessed lately!)
3 comments:
That picture of your kids in front of the temple is so cute. And they sure are at fun ages. :) It reminds me of my kids when they were that age. I really enjoyed those days. :)
I loved that temple too! We went a few weeks ago with some of Jeremy's friends. I LOVED the star chandeliers. Beautiful.
sounds like a blast. Max is huge. And, loving maddie's facial for sure! We got to go to the draper temple open house with rob's familia and it was a lot of fun. For some reason though, I was just not picturing it so hotelish inside. But, lovely chandeliers indeed. Looks like fun!!
Post a Comment