
Sometimes being a stay-at-home mom feels like I am always RE-DOing everything that has been undone...
ReDO the hair that gets messed up after Maddie's nap.
ReDO the laundry that got dirty. Redo the ironing. Redo the folding. Reorganize and put them away, sometimes 7 loads a week.
Reload the dishwasher. Unload. Reload for the second time in 1 day. Sometimes repeat.
ReDO the vacuuming because someone got crumbs all over for the second time today.
ReDO the 3 despised toilets and the messy bathrooms that I JUST scrubbed last week.
ReDO my 30 minute pedicure because they get scraped on the wall when I flipturn in swimming.
ReDO the straightening on the bookshelves.
ReDO the toy organization in the livingroom.
ReDO the lunches, the feedings, the dinners, the treats...
ReDO the dishes, AGAIN.
Put them down for naps, wake them up, put them down again.
Give baths, clean bums, wash hands, clean messes.
Watch things get undone all over again.
Defeat.
Throw in the towel, and ReDO everything ALL OVER AGAIN.
And that's Motherhood for ya! In spirits of DOing things I posted a pic of my new 'do.
(I cut off 4.5 inches)
4 comments:
Well, isn't that the truth. There must be something about repetition that's important in this mortal life! Nice hair! :)
Chellie--that is so the story of my life. It is NEVER ENDING. But I am so greatful--as I know you are to be a mother. I wouldn't trade on snotty nose, sleepless night, or poopy diaper for anything.
way to have an excuse to post a HUGE COMPLAINT LIST!! Just kidding. It was actually very amusing and I'm assuming so true. Although, must say, you are a bit more clean and neurotic about it than most people, so I imagine your worse. HAHA. Also, love the hair. Looks great. Can't tell you chopped much, but sure can see your big boobs. :)
I love being a mother! Some days I just tell myself that.
Post a Comment