Max is growing so quickly. He's 5 months already, and SO much fun. Maddie and I just marvel at him all day long. He's been quite fun to watch, especially when it comes to coordination. He has figured out how to reach for something, and also figured out the quickest way to get that object to his mouth. The other day I was checking the time on my phone by clicking a side button, and in the short time that I looked down at my phone, Max snagged it out of my hands and had it in his mouth before I could even think about what had happened. It's pretty fun to see that he has such great hand-eye coordination, maybe he'll carry on being some awesome sporty child, where I just got kicked off the teams cause I was so shockingly uncoordinated.
He has grown a lot, and am actually ready to skip the heavy portable infant carseat and move him to a non portable one. He's just getting way too heavy, and he just looks WAY too big and uncomfortable in the carrier. He has also grown a "tuft" of hair on the top of his head... Which, if he weren't my child, I would think looks insanely ridiculous, but because he is mine I think it's super cute. You can be the judge, I started spiking it:
Oh, and yes, THAT IS DROOL. He's all boy. Apparently boys like to chew and drool like it's going out of style. He especially likes the zipper on his hoodie, hence all that slobber all the way down.
So, we (Grandma, Grandpa, Maddie, Max, Esa and her son Bryson, and myself) went to the "Second Chance" Baby Animal Days, which is just like the first round of Baby Animal Days, but $3 cheaper and the animals are like teenagers a whole week later. BUT STILL FUN. The kids were a pain by NOT SMILING in any pictures, really, and fought me over and over in even looking towards the camera, so bear with the pictures I got...
This one Maddie made me get the smaller turtle because the larger one I held prior to this one really freaked her out! She thought it was way too big and asked for the smaller one, even though she still would not touch it.
Maddie wanted to wear her HIP sunglasses and really refused to let me take them off for photo opportunities, so we have some sweet ones without the true beauty of her whole face. Oh well.
Bryson and Maddie sat on a swing while grandma pushed them for a split second and they figured out that they were too scared to keep going. Unfortunately, those little arms don't always reach around other kids and all the way to the other rope to hold on nice and tight...
The kids held a variety of large baby animals like goats, ducks, chicks...
bunnies....
and we had a great time. They were having so much fun... Even little Max had fun baking in the sun. Unfortunately, I'm a little out of practice with this whole baby thing, and this whole SUN thing, and forgot sunscreen on the kids... Max got a HUGE sunburn and turned all lobster-red the next day and even blistered tiny bumps on his burn... Some protective mom I am, huh? ...NICE!
Well, something sweet to end my post with...
Bryson and Maddie sat on a swing while grandma pushed them for a split second and they figured out that they were too scared to keep going. Unfortunately, those little arms don't always reach around other kids and all the way to the other rope to hold on nice and tight...
This is what happens when you leave a 2.5 yr old by herself when she has "a really bad owie" to take a nap...
Oh, and that "owie" is still to be determined...

3 comments:
This time BAHAHAHAHA to you and your catastrophe of the band-aid!!! And must I say chellie, poor excuse for not blogging. J/k, but, seriously, being a fellow very fair person to Max at this age, I must say HOLY CRAP, HELP THE KID OUT!!! that is so painful and sad. And you were worried about germs in a horse helmet?!!? come one, do you know how many of those I put on my head in my life? Well, maybe that's case and point that they cause problems, but still, the sunscreen should be numero uno. Also, maddie's owie is pretty funny, esp. since you never found one. But, at least she didn't call a booger on her forehead and owie and then had you band-aid that booger to her forehead where it remained for three days!! (that's what rob's neice did, well, she wiped the booger, and I cracked myself up by helping her band-aid her owie). HAHAHA, i crack myself up and you crack me up, all in all great post and successful comeback on getting out of the blog doghouse. Tell Lars good luckeh (like "lucky" but with a spanish accent, don't ask why) on his finals. Love you guys!
Eve, I love you! And, yes, I WILL never forget sunscreen again!!!
Glad you are back. I was taken captive by twilight last summer. I would give anything to be a twilight virgin again. Reading the first book for the first time will be an experience I will never get back. Sound like you had a fun day at the petty zoo. I love the story about the "owie" I swear kids can be so one track minded.
Post a Comment