When I was in High School my mother was adamant on me calling every few hours (regardless of where I was or what I was doing) just to "Check In." I guess the idea was to make sure I wasn't getting in to trouble or something. Well, I am guessing that this idea has passed through the genes and now hit my daughter. She has become very nosey and quite the pry. Today as I put her down for a nap she asked me what I would be doing while she was napping. I told her I was going downstairs. "Well, what are you going to DO when you go down there?" she asked. And I explained the laundry, the loaves of bread in the oven and how I needed to clean up a few things. "OH, okay. Goodnight, then"
I favor this response over last weeks. Last week she told me "Well, go to the potty when you need to, and come and get me if you need some help. What is Max gonna do? [he's sleeping too] Oh, well just wake me up when he wakes up" Yeah, like I'm going to wake a sleeping child. HA! Thanks for the invitation, Maddie.
Today, after a long run and a 10 mile bikeride Maddie told me: "Mom, it makes you tired when you ride fast on your bike huh? [Yep, it sure does. Especially when you and Max are SO HEAVY in the trailer!] OOOOoooooh! Well you need to do some more sit-ups then!" Thanks.
Oh, yesterday she threw a SURPRISE PARTY for her Daddy in her Little People House. It was so funny to hear the dialog...
"SURRRRRRPPPPPRRRISSSSEEE!"
"Oh, is this a party for ME?"
"Yes, Da-Da, this is a party for YOU"
"Thanks, Son. I love parties"
"Father, we hope you like your party"
"Thank you, Daughter"
Yes, and also, along with her strange dialog and such, came a new way to address Lars and I. I am now called "MOTHER" and Lars is now "FATHER." IT DRIVES ME INSANE. I think she knows this. And laughs at me for it. And then continues to call me it, much to my dismay. You might as well sag my breasts to my knees and call me Gertrude. A few days ago she told me "Mother, Max would like to feed now." FEED?! What am I a friggin HEIFER??? HAHAHA.
I love that girl, and I swear she's a teenager in a 2-yr-old's body.
So her birthday is just over two weeks from now. July 14th. She told me she wants cupcakes, but no icecream. I think she just might change her mind. We're getting her an easel, and paint. I'm hoping to groom an artist!
Well, that's about everything fun I can think of right now. MUCH LOVE!
3 comments:
That was a really funny post! Thanks for sharing. :)
HAHAHAHAHA, that is absolutely HILARIOUS!! what a nutcase. It would figure you would raise a nutcase. So cute though, and at least caring rather than just being rude. Oh, and gertrude sounds like a great name for you, so I'll be using it. :) Just kiddin'. Oh, and as far as "feeding" that is great. You must be a heifer (check your spelling). I mean, she's telling you to do more sit-ups and feed. HAHAHAHA. oh man, I crack myself up. Great post.
I love reading your posts about Maddie! I've never met a child with such personality (not that I have officially met her, but you know....) Where does she get this stuff? I read your posts to Chad for a great laugh.
Post a Comment