Friday, June 12, 2009

Sickness, Suction...and Penguins?!

Well we skipped going to Washington this past weekend because that drive would have killed us, and instead got a nasty illness that has kept home-bound since Monday. We are now feeling much better but still fighting the "flu hangover"; you know, the days after staying in bed that are all mushy and oozing with lethargy because you haven't left the house in DAAAAYS!
Anyway, I was so ready to scour and clean the house that I begged Lars to go out with me yesterday and buy a new vacuum (I swear, our old one lost it's suction once we brought it home). So, we spent an arm and a leg and bought a new one (number 3 in 3 years!) and it's a good thing we did! I broke my glass cake stand and it shattered in a million pieces on the carpet! So much for cleaning everything, I made a huge mess! But, that vacuum finally did what it was supposed to and cleaned all my shards up!
Other than that, my life has been very boring and full of headaches and nausea, hardly anything noteworthy... But in Maddie's prayed the other night she said "...and please bless us to not eat penguins anymore" Hmm... wonder what that was about?! It sure had Lars and I laughing. Silly girl! So I guess we'll steer clear of those penguins...

4 comments:

Annie said...

Weird about your vaccum cause we have the same one and I loved it! I just have to clean it once a month is all and we've had ours for almost three years now. What new one did you get? I'm finally getting a carpet cleaner and I can't be more stoked!

Wendi said...

We need a new vacuum too. Seriously, how hard is it to make a vacuum that actually lasts for longer than a year?! I'm glad you're all starting to feel better. Being sick is no fun!

eve said...

HA!!! Perhaps it was those penguins that gave you the flu. Those buggers can be pretty nasty. What kind of vacuum did you buy? I have been coveting a new one for about two years now, but my dyson has not yet lost suction. I can't complain. Glad you're feeling better.

Chellie said...

I broke down and bought a Dyson for it's 5 yr warranty! It has amazing suction and a fantastic turning radius, and if it so much as hiccups I'm taking it in and cashing in on the warranty!