So I was reading this composition about Motherhood and there was a story by a mom titled "I Didn't Think This Through." It's about a mom that just doesn't really think things things through and when they pan out, they are a little too much... Well, that's how I feel right now. I told my brother (and the rest of my family) that we would go up to Ephrata, WA for his graduation. Well, just within the last couple of months Lars enrolled in Summer School. One session ends Friday and the next starts Monday. Which, in fact, leaves us to travel 12-15 hours (including stops to feed Max and Maddie to go potty), hang out for less than 24 hours, and then travel back home again. So, we had a family counsel and decided against going. The time spent in the car for the short time being there was not very practical. That drive is horrendous even for an older child. We drove to Kansas when Maddie was about 1yr old and it killed us. We swore never again. The drive is insane.
Anyway, I had to tell my family. I felt so bad. I really do miss and love them. And this time I didn't think this through.
2 comments:
My family and I don't attend the annual Garr family St. George reunions anymore. (It's just too hard on my emotional health.) But I try to keep in touch with my Garr and Burns relatives through blogs, e-mails, and Facebook. They know I love them, but we just have to take care of our little family and what's best for us. Hope that helps to know that others have made the same kind of decision before. :)
oh, ya know, I'm sure they'll understand.
Post a Comment