Friday, March 6, 2009

The funny things that Maddie comes up with...



Yesterday while sitting on the couch feeding Max, Maddie came up to me shaking her newly painted finger in my face and said "Mom, now don't you touch my [doll] stroller, it's very hot and will burn you. So we NEVER touch it, okay Mom? Okay? Don't you touch!"

This morning as Maddie was watching a movie and I was getting ready to go downstairs to make breakfast, I asked Maddie if she wanted to go make pancakes with me... Her reply was something like this: "NO PANCAKES, MOM! I is not hungry, Max is not hungry, and Daddy is NOT hungry. So NO PANCAKES! We'll stay right here."

Singing in the bathtub yesterday morning Maddie repeated a new Made-up song: "I am so much fun, so much fun, so much fun...." When she heard me chuckle, she said "What MOM? I am!"

When someone is borrowing something from us or simply returns something that was elsewhere, Maddie is convinced that it was bought by that person FOR HER. Tiff and Drew dropped off Maddie's old carseat that was left in Gunnison for the Grandparents to have and Maddie later said to me: "Oh, Mom, is this the carseat that Tiff and Drew bought me? WOW, that is so nice! I love my Tiff and Drew!"

Maddie's advice on the temple as told to Becca and Ryan one night WITHOUT any coersion: "Are you going to the temple? (Someday) You NEED to go to the temple. Jesus told you to go to the temple. I'm going to the temple. I'm going to get married in the temple; and Jesus and Heavenly Father will be there. And I will wear white! OKAY?!"

I was asked this yesterday as Maddie held up her portable pottyseat: "Mom, is this the potty seat I had when I was a baby in your belly? I used it, huh? I love this one."

My favorite thing she says now is "MOM SAYS 'YES'." or "Dad says 'YES'." She uses this when she thinks she can get us to do something she knows we would say NO to.

A few days ago: "Mom, don't plug this in! You are too little. Daddy has to do it. You might hurt yerself! It's sooooo naughty."

As Max was wimpering in the other room: "Mom will you do me a favor? Rock Max for me. He's cryin."

"Mom, are you sleepin? (YES...) WAKE UP! The sun is out this mornin. See, Mom? The sun is out! (no response) GET UP, MOM!"

"Mom, are you married in the temple? (YES, to your daddy) I'm getting married too. (oh yeah?) Yes. To my daddy. (nope, sorry. I already married your daddy; and you can't get married to your daddy, that's called polygamy) LATER TO LARS: Dad, I'm getting married in the temple. (to who?) To Drew. ( No, Tiffy is marrying Drew) [in a sassy tone] Well,.....[then] I already am married! I got marry this mornin!"

As Max was crying in the bouncer she came up to him: "Don't cry, Sweetie. Mommy's here. You're otay... You're otay."

To a doll she was "nursing" yesterday she rips the doll from under her shirt: "You're in BIG trouble now! You don't hit ducky! That's naughty!" ....where this came from under the circumstances??? I have NO IDEA!

Yesterday: "We're going to Rizona?" (yes, Arizona, in two days) "I wanna go! [panting like a dog hu-he-hu-he-hu]" (okay) "Is that my suitcase?" (yes) "I wanna take it!" (okay) "Are we going to see Grandma and Papa?" (yes) "Otay, let's go![motioning me downstairs]" (not today we need to do laundry first) "OH MY DOSH!" (Maddie calm down) she leaves angry......about ten minutes later she returns. "Mom, are we going to Rizona? (yeah. In TWO days, baby) "I wanna go! I wanna go! [jumping up and down] ...You got my suitcase MOM?" ([It's in the same place as before] yes, right HERE!) "Otay, c'mon. Let's go!" .......Think you know what happened the rest of the day? Now I know why a friend told me not to tell the kids until RIGHT BEFORE we left....

Last month when we had the flu: "I'm sorry I threw up Mom. [It's all over the floor] Yuck, that was my fault."

Whenever she spills on the floor: "It's otay. Dad will clean it."
When she spills on her clothes: "It's otay. Mom will wash it."
When Max throws up she wipes his mouth roughly with a burp cloth: "Otay Max, I got you."
When she see Max in a new room: "Hey, Max-million. Hey, hey little buddy!"

Two days ago: "Mom, you call Max, 'MAX', right? (yes) ...And daddy calls Max 'Max-million,' right? (yes, daddy calls Max 'Maxamillion') [nodding]Yeah, right, Mom. ...And I call him 'Brudder' or 'Max-million' too, huh, Mom?"

Frequently we hear: "OHHHHH! He's SOOO Tute!"

I'm so happy I have her, there's so much more, but I need to go pick up Lars now from school! XOXO, Chell

3 comments:

eve said...

Oh my heck, that stuff is priceless. My favorite is the part about the throw up or the ones where she is greeting max in a new room. I was literally laughing out loud. Quite amusing, and sounds like quite the attitude you have raised in her :) good luck with that one. Oh ya, and now you know why I say that mormon's brainwash their kids with the temple thing from the very beginning? HAHAHA, just kidding. I am so amusing!

Chellie said...

Actually, we never told her to get married there. We think because Tiff and Drew are planning a wedding, she just made her own conclusion to get married in the temple too... but I can't say I'd want it any other way! I'll let her think that's the only place you can marry....:)

Wendi said...

My comment was going to be the same as the beginning of Eve's. This stuff is absolutely priceless! I seriously have to feature you on my best in blogland posts. If you'd like to be invited to my personal blog (I have several--just ask Eve), my e-mail is j (dot) wendi (at) yahoo (dot) com. And I'm all over the getting married in the temple thing. I think we all should use a bit o' positive peer pressure in that category for good ol' Eve and Rob. Just a thought... ;)