So, I thought Twilight would certainly be just another LAME teenie-bopper story that I FOR SURE would loathe. You see, I have an awesome subscription to a company called Paperspine that is essentially for books as Netflix is for movies (Thank you, Shannin)... So I have nothing to lose in reading whatever I want for how ever long it takes to read, and then send it back when I'm done, and I figured 'Why not just give it a chance?' . Well, I had my reservations about the book, that was for sure. I thought it was going to be a boring read, especially because I DETEST fantasy books. I'm the type that only reads memoirs or 'true-to-life' books. So, I let Twilight sit on my kitchen counter while I finished reading Chinese Cinderella (a memoir), and Change of Heart. Well, I have to say... I am a little disappointed that I didn't read this book sooner! I'M ABSOLUTELY ENGROSSED AND OBSESSED! No wonder so many people read and loved it. I was sucked in to the story instantly and even found myself lusting after Edward. Oh my gosh, I feel so ashamed... This book was certainly a surprise to me, that's for sure, and I can't wait to get my hands on the sequel.I definatly am embarrassed of the fact that not only am I now a Fantasy fan intrigued by Vampires, BUT am just another silly Twilight fan.....
3 comments:
Oh man, I must say I'm slightly disappointed in you, but still glad you enjoyed it so thoroughly. Not to say I didn't like them at all, but holy cow, folks, there are other great books out there with far more intellect and story to them!! come on chellie, keep looking. Good exercise book (the ones that keep your attention well enough while you're on the elliptical and drifting in and out), however, a dying fan, I expected more from you. hahaha, but I'm glad you enjoyed it.
It happens to the best of us. I enjoyed all four of them--mostly because they're so easy to enjoy. And it's nice to suspend reality now and then. :)
I also have a huge crush on Edward. When you finish the series you should read her other book. The Host. It is awesome also, but in a whole different way!
Post a Comment