Yes, I got BOTH kids to take a nap, AT THE SAME TIME, in their own beds without using any form of sedative! I'm stinkin AMAZING!
So I went downstairs, did my own version of Lord of the Dance in the kitchen and rewarded myself with a cookie and a glass of chocolate milk (OKAY, 3 cookies; DON'T JUDGE ME!). I am now in the process of packing our bags for Arizona. Let me tell you how difficult it is to pack 2 kids and 2 adults.... My idea of 3 bags has now doubled to 6... Now we need the following to somehow FIT in 6 bags:
cosmetics
hair straightener
brush
contact solution
contact case
eye glasses w/ case
sunglasses
2 kinds toothpastes
3 toothbrushes
baby lotion
hair products
razor
Lars' razor
shavingcream
lotion
facewash
face lotion
tweezers (incase I grow massive eyebrows in 1 week, or simply to tweeze Lars' 6 back-hairs before we swim)
DVD player
DVDs
book
coloringbook
crayons
markers (in case crayons are boring)
fingerpaint (in case markers are boring)
6 sheets of paper to color on
1 toy (to entertain on the Airplane)
multiple varieties of snacks
baby carrier
stroller
Max's infant carseat/carrier
Maddie's carseat
Maddie's foldable Pottyseat (so she won't fall in the toilet)
about 26 Diapers (for Maddie at night and Max)
7 sleepers for Max
a handful of burpcloths
Max's nebulizer and meds
Max's reflux meds
Baby Soap
Baby Sunscreen
2 Hats for the pool
4 Swimsuits
2 Floaties for Maddie
16 pairs of Socks
1 pair cold weather shoes each (4 pairs total)
1 pair warm weather shoes each (3 pairs total)
1 pair church shoes each (3 pairs total)
church clothes: 2 dresses, 2 ties, 2 pair pants, tights, 2 dress shirts, Max's sweater vest, undershirt
8 sets undies per person (minus Max)
about 4 pairs pants/capris each (16 pairs total)
6-8 shirts (or if you layer, like me, about 27) totaling about 29-45 hahaha
8 sets of socks (about 24 total)
Swaddle blanket for Max, maybe two
Toybar for Max's Carseat
4 sets of clothes to wear over swimsuits
room in suitcase to bring clothes and toys BACK from Grandma's house
camera
camera charger
phones
phone chargers
IPODs w/ earbuds
Ipod Charger
Books we're reading: Tues with Morrie/Handle with Care
Maddie's cup with lid and straw for the airplane
Scriptures
Snacks for Lars and I on plane (cheap Airlines!!)
MommyCover for nursing Max in public or on plane
4 Coats (it's still snowing here, folks!)
4 Sets of very warm clothing for kids so we can go on early-morning walks with Mom and Dad
Shot record for Max's proof of identity
Maddie shot record, just incase they need hers too
Lars' study materials
BAHAHAHA........DO I NEED TO GO ON??????
So, because of all of these things, I am actually quite nervous to see if they'll even fit in the conventional trunk of a vehicle.....hmmm, we might be out of luck..... I wonder what we'd do then?!
Oh, and I'm gearing up for another birthday while in Arizona!!! I'll be turning 26 on the 12th! Oh my heck! I'm on the downward spiral to 30! Before we know it I'll be hunched over with my breasts down to my knees, shakin my cane in someone's face hollerin about who-knows-what, tellin my husband to put his sweater on because I'm freezing cold! Those will be the days...........
Maybe then people will come to see me and I won't have to wonder how I'm going to fit all of my junk into 6 tiny suitcases!
Much love,
I had better go be productive now and sit my fat butt on a few suitcases while trying to zip them up!
3 comments:
Hahaha...you'll have to let us know if it all fits. Oh, and for you on the "downward spiral" I am already 26, and you just helped me feel even worse about it :) As far as the lord of the dance in the kitchen after the nap success - I can totally picture it and what a great visual. Ummm, sounds like perhaps you should take a few less toiletries. Glad you're getting out and going for it. Oh, and instead of 6 small suitcases, you should get two large rollers, come on chellie, use your noggin'. Oh, and 26, and for sure got the saggy boobs. Although, pretty sure they've been saggy since they got bigger than a C. I mean, honestly, skin is only so firm :) Love ya, and love your blog!!
I think your adventure to Pheonix sounds fun and all. And packing for two kids does suck, but I do feel the need to rub it in a little. Jeremy and I leave for San Fran in a week, no kids, no extra junk, and no six suitcases. Oh, WAIT! I take the no kids thing back. I forgot that we will be chaperoning 42 "children" that have senioritis and "great" attitudes. Ok, I concede. You win. Your two sweethearts, six suitcases and saggy boobs win over my 42 AP art students, 6 extra adults, 67 pieces of luggage, 51 boarding passes, 4 pages of emergency contact numbers, saggy boobs AND butt, OH, and I'm 32 this year. Yep, you so win Chell! Have fun and know we love you all tons and tons! And we love your blog too! It feels like we get to see you everyday even though we don't. (We'll talk about the birthday thing when you get back. I have a surprise!)
Oh my heck! This was so funny! I dont' even know where to begin... And I've never been good at the ultra-detailed comments like Eve. So, I'll just say: I'm 37 and yes, I too, have saggy boobs. :) And this list reads like each of our 72-hour-kit lists I did awhile back. And I'm sure it will be somewhat similar to our Disneyland adventure list that will be coming at the end of this month. (Although we just have 2 grown-ups and 2 kids--ages 12 1/2 and almost 10.) And the best decision I've made today was to start following your blog. Hope you don't mind! :)
Post a Comment