Monday, March 23, 2009

The Future Generations

What is our world coming to? This last week, two of my young women were beaten up after sticking up for a fellow classmate that was being teased. One was sent to the hospital. Can you believe that there are kids that will BEAT UP other kids just for sticking up for someone? I am appalled. Luckily, both girls are okay. I was talking to my sister-in-law about this and how proud I am of my girls because they did what was right in sticking up for another, and came to the conclusion that things are just getting worse every generation. I am priviledged to be raising such wonderful and righteous children that I hope would stick up for one another, even if that meant taking a beating. It sure is a heavy thought that all of the teaching comes back to me, though. I just hope that both my young women and my own children know how proud I am of them and how valiant I think them to be.

2 comments:

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

I can't believe that. How sad. I remember being in Young Women's before I even had kids of my own and thinking that the world was so evil. All we can do is raise our kids the best we can and hope that when they are not will us that they will make good choices.

I'm so glad you have a blog. I am a much better blogger than a face booker:) Your kids are so cute. I miss everyone so much and miss seeing everyone growing. Keep in touch.

eve said...

wow, how awful. That really is too bad. Raising kids is scary these days I tell ya! Good job though, and great thoughts.