Tuesday, March 3, 2009

This last week in a flash...


So, this last week has been a blur of sleepless nights and sick children. It has been difficult to keep my sanity and even more difficult to see the light at the end of the tunnel! Max's cold-turned-Croup took a turn and he has had so many coughing spells that ended in vomiting attacks that I finally took him back to the doctors. The put him on a nebulizer, which I was sure was going to be the end of my happiness, but he seems to love it!!! Everytime I turn it on he dazes off or falls asleep... I'm so thankful! The doc told me to expect horrific crying and head thrashing, so his attitude has been a life saver. (maybe they put something extra in his medicine, I don't know, but I am thankful!) So amidst all of the chaos, I have been unable to closely parent Madelyn... She found a bottle of Vaseline in Max's room and after 15 minutes of silence I decided to check up on her. Here's what I found:
Yes, that is Vaseline smeered all over her babydoll, house, shirt, hands AND the guilty look to go with it all...

Needless-to-say, Vaseline is hydrophobic and does NOT come out of fabric... So we said "Good-Bye" to our "Baby Max" Doll and a cute Children's Place top that was probably more expensive than any shirt I own.... And Little Miss TroublePants assures me that playing with the Vaseline will not happen again.
And to top things off, we ate at a little dive here in town called Rancherito's that gave Lars and I food poisoning... Yeah, FUN! I got the worst of it, partly due to the fact that Lars lived in India for 2 years and is used to feeling like a sack of junk, and also due to the fact that I get EVERY SINGLE ILLNESS that passes my way... I swear, Max and I have been sick since he was born; the poor child must be wondering what the heck he signed up for?! So everyone, do me a favor and skip going to Rancherito's unless you want to spend a day on the throan!
STAY AWAY






2 comments:

eve said...

Rancheritos, if you didn't know, is the new version of Beto's. In short, you've lived in Utah long enough to know that Beto's = death/sickness. In fact, any restaurant that has to change their name due to health hazards should not be eaten at!! haha, but, i'm glad you survived. Oh, and Rob got part of a chicken ribcage in his chicken burrito from rancherito's....Vaseline, so great! the nebulizer is so sad but sooo cute at the same time!! hope you all get better. love you guys, glad you joined the blogging world!!

Wendi said...

Eve is my favorite blog follower and we're hoping future sister-in-law. She passed along your blog address to me tonight and I am already loving your blog after two posts. Your kids are adorable in the last post. And this is all just so miserable. It's actually right up Eve's alley. She blogs about stuff like this all the time. So, anyway, now that I've embarrassed her and you're probably wondering what brand of crazy I am...can I please follow your blog?! :)